ENTRY RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Amsterdam Film Festival will announce officially the complete list of 2013 prize winners and award recipients via Internet and on this website at May 31st, 2013. The Amsterdam Film Festival cannot provide indication of submission status prior to the Official Announcement Date. The call for entries for the 2014 Amsterdam Film Festival is now open.
Features Shorts Special Categories
Narrative Feature Narrative Short Animation
Documentary Feature Documentary Short Experimental Film
Student Feature Student Short Music Video
Deadlines And Fees
Deadline Date Features Shorts
Early August 14 30 Euro 25 Euro
Regular October 14 35 Euro 30 Euro
Late January 14 40 Euro 35 Euro
Extended March 14 45 Euro 40 Euro
* Applicants from the USA may substitute US dollars for Euros.
** Deadlines are "Postmark" deadlines.
*** Films over 50 minutes are considered Features.
Submission Mailing Address
Amsterdam Film Festival
244 5th Avenue, Suite 1908
New York, NY 10001
1. Producers will submit the Official Entry Form by mail or Internet, and mail a DVD, CD-ROM, digital media file, or link to view the film online.
2. All fiction and documentary films can apply to the Amsterdam Film Festival. Films should have been completed no earlier than three years prior to the submission date.
3. The films will have to appear in their original language. For those films in a language other than English, the Festival requires subtitles.
4. No work or artist will be either discriminated or favoured by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, ideology, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be considered with no censorship of any kind.
5. As a first stage, all the films will be displayed to the Jury to consider for possible award recognition.
6. As the next stage, the AFF Jury will award films in the following categories: screenplay, direction, actor and actress, performances, art, photography, editing, animation, short film, feature narrative, documentary, music video, experimental, first-time director, screenplay competition, and student films. The Jury can also determine Special Mentions and Special Jury Prizes.
7. As a final stage, the Awards will be announced on the Announcement Date by Internet and distributed to the international media organizations via official press release. The Award, the Festival and the Programme should be mentioned in all promotion material of the films awarded.
8. The Amsterdam Film Festival is an awards based competition designed to provide worthy films and filmmakers with recognition for their achievements. Films are not screened publicly. Once the Judges have concluded the judging process, winners will be announced publicly via the Internet and through our annual international press release.
9. The Amsterdam Film Festival reserves the right to hold a press screening or show clips of up to one minute in length of awarded films on its website.
10. The announcement of the Awards is programmed for May 31st, 2013. In order to participate, the entrants must bear a nonrefundable entry fee.
11. Filmmakers and screenwriters retain 100% all of the rights to their projects and materials that they submit to the Amsterdam Film Festival.
12. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our officers, affiliates, employees, and partners from any and all claims and liability arising out of entering or transmitting your film or screenplay to the Amsterdam Film Festival.
13. Last deadline is March 14, 2014.
14. By submitting your film or screenplay to the Amsterdam Film Festival, you agree that you have read, understood, and agree to all of the Rules and Guidelines of the festival.
Need More Information or Help?
The Amsterdam Film Festival only accepts entries accompanied by our Official Entry Form. Please be certain to read our Official Rules and Guidelines prior to submitting. Should you still have questions regarding your submission, please contact the programming staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.